Give your home the "wow" factor it needs to impress potential buyers.
Holding an open house can be a great way to get your home for sale noticed -- that is, if your home is in good condition. If not, well...
"I have personally witnessed people who have walked into a house, turned around, and walked back out," says Alice T. Chan, a professional stager in San Francisco.
If you're even thinking about selling your home, chances are you've heard of "staging," or the process of preparing a home for sale via de-cluttering, depersonalizing and neutralizing, among other techniques. If you want to avoid an open house snub similar to the one described above, staging, repairing and generally prepping your home for sale is a must in today's market.
"Buyers really want turn-key these days," Chan says. "If a buyer can actually get a loan right now, they're so strapped after they purchase a property that they literally just want to move in and live. Even if they want to make upgrades later on, they want to feel like they're getting the best value possible. So give it to them."
So how do you make your home open-house ready? Depending on your home's current condition, it can be a large,...
We hear it every year: "I want to wait until after the Holidays to sell my home."
WHY? Sellers! Here are 10 GREAT reasons why right NOW is the BEST time to sell!!
- 1. There are motivated buyers in the market that must buy for tax reasons.
- 2. During the Holiday Season there are typically less homes on the market. Less supply means less competition. Less competition means more money in your pocket.
- 3. Many people have time off during the Holidays, which increases their availability to see homes. Buyers that buy during the Holiday Season tend to be serious buyers.
- 4. Buying is an emotional purchase and emotions tend to run high during the Holiday Season. Strategically, having the opportunity to work off a buyer’s emotion is in your favor . . . they tend to offer a higher price when emotions are involved.
- 5. The Holiday Season reminds many people of family. The home is the foundation of the family unit. More people become motivated to buy during the Holidays than other times of the year.
- 6. The interest rates are incredibly low, which allows a buyer to afford more in the market. When rates are low, buyers tend to present higher purchase offers.
- 7. Many sellers will wait and list after the first of the year, which causes a lot...
Maintaining and increasing your home’s value can pay off in major ways. Not only does helping your home hold value help it sell for its full amount, it can also help your home sell more quickly, help maintain your neighbor’s home values, and ensure that you’re not overpaying in property taxes.
These 10 projects are listed from least to most expensive, and may help you increase your home’s value. Best part: None of these projects cost more than $2,000, so you don’t have to break the bank to take on these projects either.
—-Low Cost: Budget under $500—-
Fertilizing your lawn may not seem as though it’s doing much for your home’s value, but a well-maintained lawn plays a major role in your home’s curb appeal. Curb appeal is how well your property looks from the road, and has a major impact on your home’s value and resale. Fertilizing a dry, brown, or otherwise patchy lawn can help boost your home’s curb appeal, and in turn its value.
Cost: The average cost of lawn fertilizing is around $.03 a square foot assuming a 6,000 square foot lawn, for a total of $180. Total costs range from $.02 a square foot for a DIY job to $.04 a square foot during peak season.
Money Saving Tips
- If you are able to tackle this job DIY, you can save a lot of money (which you can then use to plant shrubs or trees to further increase your home’s curb appeal).
- Tackle this job at the beginning of the season to avoid paying peak prices.
INSTALL AN ATTIC FAN
The attic is one of the most overlooked areas of the home when it comes to the impact on the rest of the home. Attics that are not properly...
If there was ever any doubt in your mind about selling your home, wipe it away now! The following link will show you the median days on market for homes in the Arlington/Mansfield area:
If you move your mouse over the line, it will show you the average amount of days homes were on the market each month (an average of 5 days on the market in April!!!)
Don't hesitate! Call us and we will guide you through every step of getting your home sold (and help you find your new home)! We're all inclusive here! Now is the time to sell and you need a team that truly cares about you and the value of your home.
(Look, you don't even have to go searching for our phone number )