Why NOW Is The Best Time To Sell Your House
Posted by Mark Cabal on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 4:29 PM By Mark Cabal / November 15, 2016 Comment
We hear it every year: "I want to wait until after the Holidays to sell my home."
WHY? Sellers! Here are 10 GREAT reasons why right NOW is the BEST time to sell!!
- 1. There are motivated buyers in the market that must buy for tax reasons.
- 2. During the Holiday Season there are typically less homes on the market. Less supply means less competition. Less competition means more money in your pocket.
- 3. Many people have time off during the Holidays, which increases their availability to see homes. Buyers that buy during the Holiday Season tend to be serious buyers.
- 4. Buying is an emotional purchase and emotions tend to run high during the Holiday Season. Strategically, having the opportunity to work off a buyer’s emotion is in your favor . . . they tend to offer a higher price when emotions are involved.
- 5. The Holiday Season reminds many people of family. The home is the foundation of the family unit. More people become motivated to buy during the Holidays than other times of the year.
- 6. The interest rates are incredibly low, which allows a buyer to afford more in the market. When rates are low, buyers tend to present higher purchase offers.
- 7. Many sellers will wait and list after the first of the year, which causes a lot of new inventory in January. The longer you wait; the more competition you create for yourself. You can expect a flood of new inventory in 1st quarter of the year. As supply increases, your likelihood of getting an offer at an acceptable price decreases.
- 8. Since most people do not want to move during the Holidays, you can secure a contract now while your selling opportunity is high and arrange for a delayed closing or a rent back with the buyer(s).
- 9. Companies typically bring new talent in starting at the beginning of the year. These new hires are looking at property now. You must be on the market to take advantage of these buyers.
- 10. Selling now can give you more buying power later. By selling your home now, you can buy after January when the market becomes saturated with listings as a non-contingent buyer. This gives you negotiating power!